The This Isn’t Fiction Reading Challenge (ie reading non fiction) is run by Birgit at The Book Garden.
These are the levels to aim for:
- 5 Books – Kindergarden
- 10 Books – Elementary School
- 15 Books – High School
- 20 or more Books – College
After looking at my list of unread non fiction on my LibraryThing catalogue I found that I have 30+ books, so I should find plenty of choice to go for the High School level and maybe even for the College level. Most of them are autobiographies/biographies, with some history and a touch of philosophy and travel.
- Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang
- Paw Tracks at Owl Cottage by Denis O’Connor
- Wildwood: a Journey Through Trees by Roger Deakin
- Quiet: the Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- A Time of Gifts by Patrick Leigh Fermor
- Searching for The Secret River by Kate Grenville
- Agatha Christie: an English Mystery by Laura Thompson
- Agatha Christie at Home by Hilary Macaskill
- Flodden 1513: Scotland’s Greatest Defeat by John Sadler