Emily’s TBR challenge is to read 20 books from your TBR list between December 1st, 2009 and December 31st, 2010. You’re supposed to refrain from buying books until you have read or attempted to read all 20 of your chosen books, unless you need to buy a book for a book group.You also have to write a blog post about each book as you finish (or decide you can’t finish) it.
I’ll try not to buy any more books (I’m always trying not to buy books!) but I can’t see myself sticking to that for very long.
Emily’s challenge is to specify the books you’re going to read and not substitute them, but I think I’d better give myself some leeway and if I want to read a book I haven’t listed I will.
These are the books I’ve initially specified:
- The Day Gone By, by Richard Adams (autobiography)
- One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson
- The Children’s Book by A S Byatt
- The Country Life by Rachel Cusk
- Helen of Troy: a novel by Margaret George
- The Rose Labyrinth by Titania Hardie
- Ghost by Robert Harris
- Slipstream: a memoir by Elizabeth Jane Howard
- Rivers by Griff Rhys Jones
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
- Mollie Fox’s Birthday by Deirdrie Madden
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Eden’s Outcasts: the story of Louisa May Alcott and Her Father by J Matteson
- Be Near Me by Andrew O’Hagan
- Map Addict by Mike Parker
- Resistance by Owens Sheers
- Corvus: a Life with Birds by Esther Woolfson
- Being Shelley: The Poet’s Search for Himself by Anne Wroe