It’s time for another Classics Club spin!
Here are the rules:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* Next Monday (May 12th) the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read during May and June!
Here’s my list:
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor by R D Blackmore
- Out of Africa by Karen Blixen
- Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
- Parade’s End by Ford Maddox Ford
- Where Angels Fear to Tread by E M Forster
- Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome
- The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling
- The Call of the Wild by Jack London
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
- Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Barchester Towers (Barsetshire Chronicles, #2) by Anthony Trollope
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf
Some of these books have been on my shelves for several years now, so it’s definitely time to read at least one of them soon. Two of them are re-reads (1 and 15) but as I read them so long ago I really want to read them again. At the moment I’m undecided about which one to read first (although I’m half hoping it will be Out of Africa) so a spin result is a good way of choosing!