Today I was going to write a post about one of the books I’ve read recently but then I saw that Cornflower had posted this meme: “My Day in Books”. I did this last year and fancied doing it again with this year’s books. The task is to complete the sentences using the titles of books you have read this year. Here’s what I came up with:
I began the day by The Secret River
before breakfasting on Red Bones (that’s all there was!)
and admiring The Victorian Chaise-Longue.
On my way to work I saw The Woman in White,
and walked by The House of Silk
to avoid Our Mutual Friend
but I made sure to stop at The Village.
In the office, my boss said, Death Comes to Pemberley
and sent me to research The Murder on the Links.
At lunch with My Cousin Rachel
I noticed A Man Lay Dead,
greatly enjoying A Quiet Life!!
Then on the journey home, I contemplated Endless Night
because I have A Weekend with Mr Darcy
and am drawn to Dancing Backwards.
Settling down for the evening in A Place of Greater Safety
I studied Dark Matter
before saying goodnight to (the) Bad Boy.
I’ve written posts about most of them. Here are the links If anyone wants to to read what I thought about the books:
- The Secret River by Kate Grenville
- Red Bones by Ann Cleeves
- The Victorian Chaise-Longue by Marghanita Laski
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz
- Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
- The Village by Marghanita Laski
- Death Comes to Pemberley by P D James
- The Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie
- My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier
- A Man Lay Dead by Ngaio Marsh
- A Quiet Life by Beryl Bainbridge
- Endless Night by Agatha Christie
- A Weekend with Mr Darcy by Victoria Connelly
- A Place of Greater Safety by Hilary Mantel
- Dark Matter by Michelle Pfeifer
- Blue Lightning by Ann Cleeves
- Bad Boy by Peter Robinson