I read some good books in March, four of them are crime fiction, indicated below by *, and one is a memoir (Testament of Youth). The others are all fiction. (The links are to my posts on the books).
My Book of the Month has to be Pride and Prejudice and my Crime Fiction Book of the Month is a close call between the books rated 4/5, but on balance I think Peter Robinson’s Before the Poison comes out on top.
So far this month I’ve read 24 books, 22 of them fiction (12 of which are crime fiction), and 2 non-fiction. I’ve been making inroads into my TBR books, with 10 of the 24 books being books I’ve owned since before January 2012.
- The Labours of Hercules* by Agatha Christie 4/5
- Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain 4/5 (from TBR books)
- The Victorian Chaise-Longue by Marghanita Laski 3/5 (library book)
- The Messenger of Athens* by Anne Zouroudi 4/5 (Kindle from TBR bks)
- Before the Poison* by Peter Robinson 4/5 (library book)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 5/5 (re-read)
- The Inspector’s Daughter* by Alanna Knight 3.5/5 (library book)
- The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier 3.5/5 (from TBR bks)
- Daphne by Justine Picardie 4/5 (from TBR bks)