Cathy at Cathy 746 Books has an annual challenge, 20 Books of Summer, to read twenty booksover the summer months starting on 1 June 2017 and running until 3 September 2017. The aim is to read from your TBR books already on your shelves.
There are also the options to read 15 or 10 books and as I’m very good at listing the books I want to read and very bad at sticking to the list I’m going for the 10 book option.
Read and Reviewed:
- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness by Arundhati Roy
- Beneath a Burning Sky by Jenny Ashcroft
- Miraculous Mysteries edited by Martin Edward
- How to Stop Time by Matt Haig – a story of love and loss and living in the moment
- Present Tense by W H S McIntyre – crime fiction with an edge of dark humour
- The King in the North by Max Adams – the life and times of Oswald of Northumbria in the 7th century
- Did You See Melanie? by Sophie Hannah – a suspense novel
- Mister Pip by Ernest Jones – a story within a story and a fable
- The One that Got Away by Annabel Kantaria – story of loss and betrayal
- Long Road from Jarrow by Stuart Maconie – Stuart Maconie walks North to South retracing the emblematic footsteps of the Jarrow marchers to discover what Britain is really like today